Sunday, January 20, 2008

Getty Images - News Blog » Blog Archive » The Assassination of Benazir Bhutto

b-bhutto-assassination-8.jpg

Getty Images - News Blog » Blog Archive » The Assassination of Benazir Bhutto: "As the former prime minister’s car surged forward, I pushed out of the way, ahead of her vehicle. I needed to adjust my camera. In the melee, the shutter setting had been bumped down to 1/15th and 1/8th of a second, giving the photos an unintended impressionistic look.

I turned on my flash, but just before resetting the lens, I turned and glanced back at her car.

That’s when I heard three shots. I knew from the sound that they were fired close to her car. I watched her drop down through the sunroof. Instinctively, I raised my camera, my finger pressed down on the shutter, starting to shoot without looking.

Just as the camera came up in front of my face, the bomb went off."

No comments: